Here´s comes a recipe for a fantastic banana bread, great as breakfast or as a quick snack! Perfect when you have over brown bananas laying around. For natural sweetening exchange cane sugar for honey.
•2 eggs • 4 + 1 bananas (the riper the better)
•425 g yoghurt (10%) or. quark • 150 g buckwheat
•1,5 dl oil (e.g. coconut or vegetable oil) • 200 g almond flour
•1,5 dl cane sugar or ½ dl honey • 3 tsk baking soda
•½ vanilla bean or 1 tsk vanilla sugar • 2 msk chia seed
•1 citron (zest + 1 msk juice) • 1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C fan, or 175 ° C plain. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, oil, lemon juice and zest.
3. Mash 4 bananas in another bowl and then mix them sugar, buckwheat and almond flour, as well as ,the vanilla bean, baking soda, chia seeds and salt.
4. Pour mixture into the other bowl and combine to one smooth batter. Pour the batter into the baking tray and top with the remaining banana.
5. Bake for 60 minutes and test with a toothpick to determine whether the bread is done.